When you bring your computer to the Doc for a virus removal we go through a rigorous process of getting rid of all types of junk that tend to mess up the performance of your PC.
Our Process is outlined below for your convenience:
- Remove all programs that are known to cause problems (such as slow downs, freeze ups, or browser hi-jacking)
- Run a thorough malware scan to remove all malware.
- Run a second malware scan to be sure the first scan got everything.
- Run a thorough virus scan to remove all viruses.
- Run a second virus scan to be sure the first got everything.
- Reset your default search engine, remove bad add-ons and extensions.
- We install a secure browser like Google Chrome and set up AdBlock.
- We make sure only the essential programs are loading when you start Windows. (Faster boot up time)
- We clean all your temporary files, history, and so forth to free up space on your computer.
- We take one last look at everything to be sure your computer is performing properly.
- We call and let you know it’s time to pick it up.
- We typically do this within one day.